Community Engagement Facilitator
City of Elk Grove, GHD
August 2021 – October 2022
To support The City of Elk Grove’s work toward improving priority areas along the Laguna Creek Inter-Regional Trail, our team is facilitating community outreach and engagement efforts to advise on the Laguna Creek Inter-Regional Trail Master Plan. A Community Advisory Group (CAG), representative of the area’s community members, was formed in early Fall 2021 to guide the plan’s development process and ensure it is rooted in community priorities. The CAG will be integral to addressing barriers to trail access, helping to facilitate further community engagement, and ensuring that project recommendations and solutions support connectivity to community assets and essential destinations like schools, public transit, employment centers, medical services, and recreational amenities.
Click here to visit the City of Elk Grove’s website for more information about the project.
How Can You Get Involved?
Participate in the Design Features Workshop
- Check back here between January 24-February 6 for the link to participate in our virtual workshop anytime that works for you! On this site, you will get to help out the project in 3 ways:
1) Leave comments directly on the map about the things you want to see improved on the trail.
2) Take a survey to reflect what trail improvements are most important to you.
3) Share how you would like to spend the budget on new amenities.
To show our gratitude, we’re giving out twenty $40 giftcards! Participants in any of the three modules will be automatically entered to be randomly selected.
- Rather talk with someone “face to face”? Meet the project team online on February 1st, 6:00-7:00pm to share your questions, concerns, and learn more about the Laguna Creek Inter-Regional Trail Master Plan. Link to come!
- For any questions, contact Pristina- firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our Community Advisory Group
The Laguna Creek Inter-Regional Trail (LCIRT) Master Plan project team is guided by a 12-member Community Advisory Group (CAG) to help advise the process of development and ensure the plan is rooted in community priorities. The main responsibilities of the CAG are to help design an effective community engagement process, to attend regular meetings, and to encourage community participation in this project.
Community Advisory Group Responsibilities:
- Attend 6 CAG meetings/workshops to be held throughout the project between September 2021 and August 2022.
- Provide guidance to the LCIRT Master Plan team on community engagement events, trail design concept, features, and alternatives.
- Actively promote community engagement events/workshops and connect project team with residents and community leaders to participate in community events.
The Group Structure:
- Youth representative (2)
- Elk Grove Community member (4)
- South Sacramento Community member (3)
- Active Transportation Advocate or Regional Parks representative (1)
- Trails Committee representative (1)
- Disability Advisory Committee representative (1)
- Laguna Creek Inter-Regional Trail Walking Tour Report (Coming Soon!)